Farzad Golpayegani was born in Tehran/Iran, and lives in USA. He is son of late Behzad Golpayegani (Painter & Graphic Designer 1938-1985). Farzad is graduated in Graphic Design and works in the fields of Music and Visual Arts.
Farzad Golpayegani started to learn Painting and Graphic Design in the high school of Art. Style of his drawing and paintings are close to Surrealism and Expressionism.
He owes his passion to music, to his older brother. In 1994, when he bought his first guitar, he started to focus on music seriously. He got a teacher in his early learning but he’s mainly self-taught. From the beginning, Farzad was so anxious about Improvise and self-experiences instead of performing other player’s music.
Style of Farzad’s Music is Progressive Metal and Fusion and traits of them are: technical playing of Electric Guitar (7-string) and Acoustic Guitar, use eastern tuning for Acoustic Guitar, mix Eastern, Persian and Classic music with Metal music, various atmosphere and progressive feel.
Farzad composes, plays, records, mixes and masters the tracks and designs album covers by himself. He personally plays 7-string Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar and Violin. He has also had other musicians playing in his records as guest artist. He performs his live music as Solo performance and also with his band: “Farzad G band”.
Name of the most of his tracks and Artworks are only numbers. The reason is the importance of musical and visual concept against understanding under title’s influence.
Other than his own musical projects he also composes music for Advertisements, Video Games, Animations, Short Movies, etc.
- “One” (2002)
- “Two” (2004)
- “Three” (2008)
- “Four” (2010)
- “Five” (2011)
- “Six” (2012)
- “Seven” (2016)
- “Eight” (2018)
So far, Farzad Golpayegani’s band members have been :
- Farzad Golpayegani : 7th strings Electric Guitar & Acoustic Guitar
- Ali Sanaei : Bass Guitar (2007, 2013-Present)
- Rameel Nissan : Drums, Percussion (2013-Present)
- Arash Jafari : Kooze, Darbuka & Daf (2007)
- Edward Wastnidge : Drums, Darbuka (2007)
- Naeim Meschian : Bass Guitar (2007)
- Vahid Sabet Ghadam : Daf, Tabla (2007)
- Soheil Danesh Eshraghi : Acoustic Guitar, Vocal (2007)
- Behrang Bashash : Bass Guitar (2003-2004)
- Mahyar Vosoughi : Electric Guitar, Synthesizer (2003-2004)
- Mahyar Pour Hesabi : Drums (2003-2004)
- Reza Shafeghati : Setar (2003-2004)
- Amir Jadid-Al Eslam : Tombak, Daf (2003-2004)
- Amertad (2002-2003)
- Farzad G band (2003-Present)
- Korisoron ( 2014-Present)
Painting and Drawing Exhibitions:
- Solo Painting exhibition, Barg Gallery, Tehran/Iran, 1999
- Solo Drawing exhibition, Atashzad Gallery, Tehran/Iran, 2001
- Solo Painting and Drawing Exhibition, Avini Hall (School of Fine Arts Tehran), Tehran/Iran, 2007
- Solo Painting and Drawing Exhibition, Golzadeh Art Gallery, Tehran/Iran, 2009
- International online Exhibition “True Colors” 2012 exhibition by “Digital Arts: California”, 2012 (Awarded)
- Solo Painting exhibition, Levantine Cultural Center, Los Angeles, CA, 2013
- Group exhibition, Belasco Theater (Marvel by RAW natural born artists), Los Angeles, CA, 2013
- Group Exhibition, Woman & Invisible Iranian Cinema Festival, Proctor’s Theatre, Schenectady, NY, 2014
- Group Exhibition, Fence show, The Arts Center of the Capital Region, Troy, NY, 2014
- Group Exhibition, Woman & Invisible Iranian Cinema Festival, Fenimore Gallery, Proctor’s Theatre, Schenectady, NY 2014
- Solo Painting and Drawing exhibition, GE Theatre Proctor’s, Schenectady, NY, February 2015
- Group Exhibition, Fence show, The Arts Center of the Capital Region, Troy, NY, 2015
- Group Exhibition, “Fragmented Reality”, Agora Gallery, New York, NY, August 2015
- Group Exhibition, “Contemporary Perspectives”, Agora Gallery, New York, NY, September 2015
- Group Exhibition, “Chess Exhibit”, BG Gallery, Gestalt Project Space, Santa Monica, CA 2018